Statement of Purpose for applying exchange program.



Photo Credit: Pixabay
BY: SEM Vanna

Since I left the rural village and entered the university,
I have determined my goal that I will learn my best and bring back knowledge to develop my rural village where I live. My rural life was a silent life without much understanding in the outside world. I always walk to school before my family could afford a bicycle for me. Since then, I have had my own ambition to pursue my studying in the city and dreaming to study abroad when I watch TV and feel interest in the media.   

I have never given up my aspiration and struggling my life alone in the city away from family. And I think that if you want to help the society you have to commit yourself first especially education. Living condition in rural is different from the city due to lacking of knowledge and understanding about the society. So the society needs human resource to build its own economic and change the way they live as tradition to modern living. In this setting, I want to learn outside the box as well then the word “ASEAN” pop up in my mind when it links to the meaning of development and regional economic integration in which capacity building of individuals need to be challenging. Hence in order to fulfill my dream, only the scholarship opportunity or any study exchange programs that I can reach while I could not afford it myself.

I am strongly believe that exchange program supported by EU- SHARE is the best way to gain more knowledge both hard skills and soft skills and understanding the different culture. Cultural awareness in the region needs to be discerned especially about Indonesia. I am really interested in the richness of its culture and hope to learn more from the experienced professors in BINUS University and the locals thus this will scale up my skills.

BINUS University is an opportunity for me to develop my capacity from its various benefits ranking from academic learning, professional professors, and cultural understanding of diverse nations. That would be a chance to understand about communication concepts, policy, regulation and media control, social change, and globalization. On the other hand, I wish to learn about other countries through other participants, so I can get a cross-cultural understanding of the world.

It would be a fascinating experience for me to live and learn the new place, and get those experience and creative concept back to my home. I am going to use the lessons learnt for my country development. I will share it to my classmates and other people who are interested and want to build their capacities in communication sector.


All in all, I would like to participate in this program to study in Indonesia so that I will contribute back to my country in the field of Media and Communications. I hope to get this opportunity. A Chance for life, the better development for my countrymen. 

Comments